Clear all

very very long sherlock backup

Dominique Fournival
Topic starter  

Hello Karol

I created a lot of dynamic buttons for my tracks with expressions maps
and it works very well but it's very very long to sherlock backup
when there are a lot of dynamic buttons assigned

I assigned 48 buttons because I have some Spitfire Audio tracks that have 45 articulations

and Eastwest 30 articulations.

but I only created the number of program changes by necessary tracks

my vstpreset file is now 14mb around 190 tracks created with dynamic buttons and I haven't finished

I deactivate save on to save my session

so far no problem but I want to modify my vstpreset and add functions or dynamic buttons

the backup is longer and longer and unreasonably

it's a shame because the dynamic buttons correspond to the most important of the functions
for expressions maps

For you how many dynamic buttons can we reasonably create and / or is this a bug in my installation
because I know that Cubase in my version 11 since I installed SHERLOCK takes a long time to start and hangs for a while on "menus"

I know I often ask questions but but I try to move forward and have a system that is as efficient as possible
and I would like to be able to quickly upload demos for your fabulous plugin

I don't want to bother you and just answer me when you have a moment to give me

cordially

Dominique

Dominique Fournival
Topic starter  

For example gif file of dynamics buttons for Spitfire Audio Studio Strings Pro Violins 1.

ReplyQuote
Dominique Fournival
Topic starter  

I am now at 212 tracks created with the dynamic buttons is a 15.8mo vstpreset

and I just checked 25 minutes for backup

just confirm me please is this normal behavior of the plugin or a bug

good evening to you

Dominique

ReplyQuote
Karol
Admin Admin

Hi Dominique,

your saving times are crazy!

I will test it on my end some more but I can already tell you that I was never happy with the way a .vstpreset format works and is saving the data. This is the reason why in the new version of SHERLOCK coming out in 2-3 weeks I am adding the option to export and import settings as XML file. That goes for the dynamic buttons assignments and the whole presets. It is much more reliable ( presets do not get wiped out - happens on some Mac machines -  and not only the loading times are super fast but since it is an XML file it can be edited with whatever text editor since it is "human readible" and not coded in hexadecimals like the .vstpreset is ).

I would suggest to stop the dynamic buttons creations for now since I can't tell why is this taking so crazy long and I'm pretty sure you will want to redo them anyways with the new version on SHERLOCK 2.0.

Sorry for not having better news for now but I am honest with you and I hope you will understand.

Have a nice evening Dominique!

Karol Obara - 14bitMIDI

ReplyQuote
Dominique Fournival
Topic starter  

ok
thank you very much karol

I still continue to move forward
and I look forward to your new version
see you soon

Dominique

ReplyQuote
Dominique Fournival
Topic starter  

I will test it on my end some more but I can already tell you that I was never happy with the way a .vstpreset format works and is saving the data. This is the reason why in the new version of SHERLOCK coming out in 2-3 weeks I am adding the option to export and import settings as XML file. That goes for the dynamic buttons assignments and the whole presets. It is much more reliable ( presets do not get wiped out - happens on some Mac machines -  and not only the loading times are super fast but since it is an XML file it can be edited with whatever text editor since it is "human readible" and not coded in hexadecimals like the .vstpreset is ).

I would suggest to stop the dynamic buttons creations for now since I can't tell why is this taking so crazy long and I'm pretty sure you will want to redo them anyways with the new version on SHERLOCK 2.0.

Sorry for not having better news for now but I am honest with you and I hope you will understand.

Have a nice evening Dominique!

Hello Karol

When are you modifying vstpresets in xml files with the Sherlock 2.0 version.

For my part, I have advanced a lot and created myself a great template with all the shortcuts in sherlock

and I got around the problem.

I will try to make tutorials in the operation of a large template in cubase with sherlock

but it will take a little while.

Once again your plugin is really great and just needs to be known

see you soon Karol

Dominique

This post was modified 1 month ago by Dominique Fournival

ReplyQuote
Dominique Fournival
Topic starter  

Hello Karol

another little question

Is it easy to create additional PLEs

because I have already created 246 and I will have more some to create

Sorry to bother you

but as you said it was possible

I ask

Have a good evening

Dominique

ReplyQuote
Share:

BECOME A POWER-USER TODAY!

“I hope that 14bitMIDI products will improve your workflow immensely. Working with CUBASE® or NUENDO® will be even more intuitive and productive.” – Karol Obara – 14bitMIDI