Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Saved a preset in Cubase 10.5 but won't load  

awinters7
08/09/2020 6:28 pm  

I've tried multiple times now, but every time i save a Sherlock Preset in Cubase 10.5 and try to load it when i relaunch the session, it does not load and only lands on "please import saved preset". Anyone else experiencing this? and is there a solution?

Thanks.

This topic was modified 3 weeks ago by awinters7

Karol
Admin Admin
09/09/2020 12:19 pm  

Hi Ari,

this can happen if the "SAVE ON/OFF" button was in the OFF state (red color) while saving the preset. This is the sole purpose of that button to bypass the saving of all of the parameters and speed up the process of auto-saving while using Cubase/Nuendo.

Go to your preset folder and check how big is the .vstpreset file. If it is under 1MB than it is basically blank with no data in it.

You can also send me the preset file so I will check it for you on my system.

On some Mac machines presets gets wiped out by the operating system for whatever reason. The only workaround for that so far we have come up with is creating all your settings, saving the preset file with the "SAVE ON/OFF" button in the ON state (green color) and making the file "read only" in the file preferences. This seems to keep the presets save from the wiping out, the only downside is the next time you want to add something to your preset you need to make it editable again.

Also presets from older versions of SHERLOCK pre v.1.5.4 will not load since the newest version added some important elements to the whole system.

Please let me know what is the case and I will try to help you.

Cheers!

Karol Obara - 14bitMIDI

ReplyQuote
Share:

BECOME A TODAY!

“I hope that 14bitMIDI products will improve your workflow immensely. Working with CUBASE® or NUENDO® will be even more intuitive and productive.” – Karol Obara – 14bitMIDI